Monday, April 9

blogs I love

I love reading blogs, as I mentioned recently.  It's inspiring to read about artists and their own influences.  I have a number that I visit on an almost daily basis, just to see what they've been up to.
I'm going to share some of my favourites with you here:

Kelly Purkey
Kelly is a graphic designer and works in the scrapbooking field, and I love her aesthetic.  She lives in NYC and travels a lot, especially throughout the USA.  She's publishing this year and I'm really looking forward to seeing her work in print, other than magazine features.

This photo is a shot of her Project Life album,
with the custom-made stamp she had made for her Instagram photos.

Amy Tangerine
Amy Tan is also a graphic designer and scrapbooker.  She has a gorgeous range of products and blogs regularly about her work and her life.  I believe that she has a keen business eye and it's fascinating to see what she's up to through her posts.

Amy has released her products through American Crafts, featuring these fantastic daybooks
and their associated [=dangerous!] products.  The 'Two Peas in a Bucket’ website is
where I succumb to temptation with these.

A Beautiful Mess
These ladies blog prolifically and share their ideas through photos and tutorials.  They like to re-use and re-design accessories and clothing items, and love photography so often share their approaches to all of those projects.

Some favourite posts of late have been about photography, especially ones
with film cameras (remember those?) and the lenses that you can
attach to your phone’s camera.

Posy Gets Cosy, Alicia Paulson
Alicia is a fabric artist, embroidery artist, sewer, photographer, amazing cook and lives a gorgeous country life.  She recently reminded me about how important it is to really READ the posts that my adored bloggers were putting out into the world.  Her posts of late last year reminded me of how important it is to appreciate a grateful lot of simple things.

I chose this photo to represent Alicia’s blog for two reasons:
i. her love of sewing and projects
ii. her love of her animals (and how they get involved in her
sewing projects too!)


What are some of your blog loves??

No comments:

Post a Comment